"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Patience

I think we can all agree that "waiting" for things is probably one of the slowest forms of torture a person can go through.  Patience is a word associated with my life in every single thing I can think of...and I hate it. Who doesn't though, right?  Now I'm not gonna lie, most of my impatience comes from my dad...and I don't blame him, I blame genetics.  I can't stand a lot of things in life but I do my best to see what God is trying to tell me.  Therefore, I've come to realize that getting mad at things and people is just trowing away the opportunities God is placing before me.  I need to listen more.  When I got engaged to Jen in August 2008 (I just rounded up babe), that short time of less than a year until we got married seemed like an eteeerrrrrnity. Heck, I won't even begin to explain the amount of time it felt like just to lead up to that proposal...and how at one point in my life it didn't even seem like a possibility.  So, knowing my stand on waiting and being patient is my personal form of torture...and I don't even need to explain the recent events of what occurred two months ago.  Anyway, I know God ultimately has great things for Jen and I.  I know this because if I were to take out all the negatives in our lives and look at the positives because of our patience, it is truly remarkable.  With that being said, Jen and I can try again for another child at the end of Lent.  Ironically, the season of Lent is all about sacrifice and patience.  I have been assured by God this past weekend that He is with us and will amaze us with His love.  When Lent is over, Jen and I are going to "renew our wedding vows" at the same hotel where we first expressed our intimate love for one another.  But until then, all I can do is wait and be patient. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you - I hate waiting. I hated waiting those years before I was able to have you and Tyler. One thing that it did teach me though, - to truly be grateful to have you and Tyler. To really appreciate the miracle of bringing life into this world. It is very difficult for me to understand why things happen like they do - when I am having difficulty dealing with life - and yes, I experience that quite often, I just think about that wonderful Mother's day present that I received from you and Tyler with a picture of my father's rosary and the words - "Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, perservere in prayer".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you - I hate waiting. I hated waiting those years before I was able to have you and Tyler. One thing that it did teach me though, - to truly be grateful to have you and Tyler. To really appreciate the miracle of bringing life into this world. It is very difficult for me to understand why things happen like they do - when I am having difficulty dealing with life - and yes, I experience that quite often, I just think about that wonderful Mother's day present that I received from you and Tyler with a picture of my father's rosary and the words - "Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, perservere in prayer".

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...