"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 19, 2010

Another setback, but more encouragement

Yesterday I found out that the prenatal vitamin (Neevo) and folic acid supplement (Zervalx) that I need to take are not covered by insurance. They're prescription, but the insurance company just sees them as vitamins (so much for "medical necessity"). Now, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if they were cheap. Unfortunately, they are rather expensive. I called the high-risk doctor to see if there were any generic forms that would work, and while I could use an OTC folic acid supplement, it wouldn't have the same effect. Same with the prenatal vitamin. (I think the prescription ones have an active form of folic acid that I need since my body doesn't metabolize the other form.) Logan and I both do not want to risk having another pregnancy loss just because we went the cheap way and it ended up not working. Because really, I would go crazy. So, for now we're having to suck it up and pay the bills (like we don't have enough) while we look into filing a dispute or whatnot with our lovely insurance company.

All sarcasm aside, I love when God gives you random messages and it ends up being exactly what you need to hear at the time (God is cool like that). I came across this last night and figured I'd share, in case it encourages you as much as it did Logan and me...(written by St. Jeanne de Chantal)

"Never give way to the desire to be liberated from your difficulties. This is a privilege, which is from God in order to make you perfect in every virtue. It is a reward and not a punishment, make no doubt of this. What God desires is that you bear this burden patiently, with complete surrender to his holy good pleasure.

Hold your eyes on God and leave the doing to him. That is all the doing you have to worry about, and the only activity which God asks of you and towards which it is he alone who is drawing you.

One thing alone is necessary: It is to have God. In short, then, no matter what is going on, we must hold both our attention and our love on God, not wasting our time in studying what is happening to ourselves, nor what is its cause. Our Lord asks this of us."

St. Joseph, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...