"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Here we go again

Once again, I feel the need to clarify something I posted (you'd think I wouldn't have the whole foot-in-mouth syndrome writing on a blog, but leave it to me...). On Monday, I said:
Guess I just convinced myself that we're going to be poor for the rest of our lives, so might as well accept it.
Let me explain.

I said this - on a whim - thinking about the money we'll have to spend both while trying to get pregant and when I actually am pregnant (between the prescriptions and seeing 2 doctors). Add into the equation that I want a lot of children. That'll cost a pretty penny. But, it will no doubt be worth every cent we pay, because children are HUGE blessings and add more joy to someone's life than having all the money in the world.

That being said, I made it seem like being "poor" was terrible. Let me first say that I shouldn't have even said it in the first place, because Logan and I are in no way poor. Yes, we have bills. And yes, if there comes a time where I do not work, money may get tight. But we are not - and never will be - "poor." No matter what our financial situation is, we are rich because of the relationship we have with God, each other, our family, and our friends. I don't mean to sound cliche, either. I just think it's important not to base your "wealth" on just money or material things. So, my apologies for making that statement. What I should have said is that I'm coming to terms with the fact that Logan and I will probably never have an abundance of money - which is okay, because it's a simpler way to live. We don't have our own house (yet) or cable TV or fancy cell phones and we don't plan on buying a new car until one of ours dies (or we need a bigger family vehicle). We don't eat out often and we usually don't go to movies unless we have a gift card. And all of that is fine...I'm much happier staying home with my hubby and playing Scrabble while watching American Idol. Not everyone has that luxury.

"Contentment is being able to come to terms with where you are and what’s going on in your life, even if it’s not what you would have chosen for yourself. Being content means being free to count your blessings and look for joy in your circumstances, whatever they may be." - Nancy Twigg

2 comments:

  1. this is part of a prayer from st. ignatius.. (i apologize for being full of like quotes lately) but your blogs keep reminding me of them..

    "Give me only Your love and Your grace;
    with these I will be rich enough.."

    and your family is beautiful, by the way.

    -lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is beautiful and your friends are too ;)
    We love you guys, and God does too!

    Know that i am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...