"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Run!

Recently I've got into the schedule of running again.  For me, it's a pain to do and I'm not gonna lie, the motivation to go out and do it every other day is no bundle of joy.  However, the recent motivation to put my body in "excellent" shape again is our local 5k bridge run coming up on April 10th.  You see....every year the United Way hosts this run that starts on the east bank of our parish, crosses the bridge, and ends on the west bank. The total distance is 3.2 miles.  Well, for like 5 or so years now, I've been wanting to do this run and something has prevented me each year from doing it.  In high school, I ran cross country and track...so I really missed out not having done the bridge run back then when I was actually in pretty good running shape...sigh*.  Oh well...the past is the past and this year I am definitely going for it.  My goal by the way is to try and do it in under 23 minutes.  I'll try and remember to put a post on how I actually do.  Jen is also going to do it with me, but most likely not going to go all out as I am.  This run has been sort of a personal goal for me and I just don't want to complete it, but more like smash it.  So you can wish me luck, I'll probably need it....and hopefully I achieve my goal. 




Dear Son,
I'm doing this race for you first and foremost.
Love,
Your father

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...