"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Soccer!

This past month I started to help coach a U-11 girls' soccer team. While they have potential, there is MUCH room for improvement....the movie The Big Green often comes to mind (you should see it if you haven't already - an oldie but goodie). Like seriously. We had a soccer tournament this past weekend, and both games on Saturday were pretty close to horrible (as in I lost track of the score because it was so bad). Buuuut, our game on Sunday gave me a glimmer of hope....we won! It's pretty rewarding to coach a team and see improvement every time they play. It's even better to actually enjoy every practice and have fun while coaching. I don't know why I didn't do this before.

I often think about what my life would be like if I was still pregnant. I would have been 8 months along, and while I still wish I would have been spared the heartbreak of losing the pregnancy, I am fully aware of the fact that many good things have come from it. A closer relationship with Logan and an increased faith in God ranks up at the top, but then there's the other things...like a greater appreciation for little babies. And the fact that we have a little guy praying for us 24-7. And the opportunity to coach soccer. God knows I wouldn't be coaching right now if I was going to have a baby in the next month. I could probably make a list of positive things that have come from what originally appeared to be a tragedy (and will forever be in my mind the worst day of my life), but let's just leave it at the fact that God's timing is so much better than ours. I need to be reminded of that often as Logan and I start trying to conceive again soon. And just so you know (since I've had people ask if I'm ready to get pregnant again), I am in a good place right now, emotionally and physically. I wouldn't put myself through a possible subsequent pregnancy if I didn't think I was ready.

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter Triduum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...