"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh, irony...

Here are some random things about my life lately, some ironic and some not-so-ironic.

  • I've been invited to a baby shower on Levi's due date. Go figure. I'm not mad, since I know they didn't know.  But now I'm wondering what to do about it. While I really want to go (since it's for a good friend), I haven't decided yet on whether or not it'd be a good idea. Because really, I don't want to run out in tears or something. Any thoughts?
  • Only 2 public schools were cancelled today, and I work at both of them. Yeahhhh.
  • Logan and I did some major spring cleaning this past weekend, leaving me nothing to do on my unexpected day off...or so I thought. I haven't been bored yet!
  • My soccer team won another game this weekend. Woo hoo! Apparently my coaching skills are better than I thought. The parents are really starting to like me. :)
  • I was going to appeal the insurance company about my prescriptions, but the only evidence I have is my lab work and a note from a perinatologist saying that she recommends me take Neevo and Zervalx. Nothing about my A1289C gene mutation causing a folic acid deficiency. Makes me wonder if it's all just a theory...seriously, google that crap and nowhere will you find that MTHFR A1298C impairs folic acid absorption. Grrr. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense; I don't feel like going more in-depth with it)
  • This weekend begins a parade of weddings for us. Logan and I were invited to 5 weddings all within 10 weeks of each other. Nice way to lead up to our 1-year anniversary!

It's been a pretty good couple of weeks. I'm finally back to where I was spiritually before I lost Levi, and well, as long as my relationship with God is good, everything else just does't seem so bad.


2 comments:

  1. God helps us grow. He prunes our branches so that we can have new growth. Sometimes it takes a lot of pruning for us to decide that we must completely open ourselves to Him and allow his spirit to flow through us. And even when we think we are letting it happen, He might prune a little more to make us realize that it HIS will, not ours. It took a long time for me to let Him take control, and even when I thought I had fully given Him control, he showed that I hadn't. That is just some wisdom a friend passed along and the more I thought about it, the more I realized I had to let go and let Him trim and prune me into the person He wants me to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. God helps us grow. He prunes our branches so that we can have new growth. Sometimes it takes a lot of pruning for us to decide that we must completely open ourselves to Him and allow his spirit to flow through us. And even when we think we are letting it happen, He might prune a little more to make us realize that it HIS will, not ours. It took a long time for me to let Him take control, and even when I thought I had fully given Him control, he showed that I hadn't. That is just some wisdom a friend passed along and the more I thought about it, the more I realized I had to let go and let Him trim and prune me into the person He wants me to be...

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...