"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

It's a strange thing, celebrating your first official Mother's Day without having your child with you. But, I find consolation in the fact that my son is in a much better place right now. He had the perfect life, and for that, I am grateful.

Today I think about all of the women who are mothers, but for one reason or another, don't have their child/children with them on earth. I hope they are as fortunate as me to be surrounded with people who love them, so as to somewhat ease their pain on this day that may be a source of grief.

Today I think about all of the women who desire to be mothers, but for one reason or another, have not yet conceived. I pray they keep their eyes heavenward and trust in God's timing.

Today I think about all of the women who are single mothers (for one reason or another) who are finding motherhood to be more difficult at this time in their lives. I pray that God's grace sustain them each and every day.

Today I think about my son, Levi, who never got to see his earthly mother's face. But it is his presence in heaven that keeps me going. That little boy is quite the prayer warrior.

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Blessed Mother of God, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...