"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Babies'R'Us (it ain't so bad)

I've been meaning to buy a baby gift for a friend, and I finally got the chance to yesterday. I realized that it was probably a good thing that I never got around to it until now, because hitting up Babies'R'Us closer to Levi's due date would not have been too smart (Can you just see me crying in the middle of the store? Yeah. I can.). Although I've been to Babies'R'Us before for my adorable nephew, I've only gone to the books, toys, and clothes sections. This time I ended up exploring the whole darn store, thanks to the baby registry not having the correct aisle numbers for the registry items. And wow, I never realized how much was in Babies'R'Us. I actually found myself rather intrigued, wishing I could buy things for my own baby (which hasn't happened yet, but we're hopeful). At one point, when I realized the registry was wrong and I was going to have to search the entire store of cute baby things, I could have sunk into the whole I-should-have-been-able-to-shop-for-Levi mindset and become pretty depressed, but I dismissed that thought (I win, Satan!) and proceeded to walk around the entire store, getting a bit excited about the day I'll be able to finally register for my own baby. I think that's a step forward. Yay.

By delaying to grant our petitions, God increases our desires. By increasing our desires, God enlarges our heart. By enlarging our heart, God prepares us to be filled with Himself. - Saint Augustine

2 comments:

  1. You should go to the one in Baton Rouge! Twice the size, twice the stuff. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go to the one in Baton Rouge! Twice the size, twice the stuff. FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...