"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Word of Encouragement

Let me just first start off by saying that I've actually been at a pretty good place the last 2-3 weeks or so. Really. Even with things getting pretty crazy this week (babysitting + going back to work + buying a house process). It makes a huge difference, when you have a million things going on, to stop freaking out and just realize that there's a reason for every little thing that happens. It's such a simple idea yet somehow so hard to do at times. I hate that.

Okay, let me get to my point. I have a few friends that are going through a difficult time, or a transition period, or just one of those "I don't know what the heck is going on with my life" times. And well, I know how easy it is to get trapped in the whole "woe is me" mindset and just go further and further into a pit of despair. I wish I had some inspiring thing to tell them, but I don't. I do have an awesome quote to share, though (but I'll put that last). And just in case my opinion is in any way of value to them - assuming they read this - I do have some suggestions.

1. Pray without ceasing. Even when you don't want to.
2. Talk to someone...or two someones. Seek spiritual direction if you feel called to it (if God wants you to have a spiritual director, He'll provide one, no doubt).
3. Remember that you are loved. Even when you don't feel it.

There is not a moment in which God does not present Himself under the cover of some pain to be endured, of some consolation to be enjoyed, or of some duty to be performed. All that takes place within us, around us, or through us, contains and conceals His divine action. - Jean-Pierre de Caussade

4 comments:

  1. thank you for being beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you jen, i really needed to hear this tonight. It means alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for being beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you jen, i really needed to hear this tonight. It means alot.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...