"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Heard from me lately?

Ok, to begin...this is Logan.  I felt like I needed to say that b/c everytime I blog (which isn't much I know)...but everytime I do, whomever is reading it doesn't realize it's me till after they've read it.  So, I'm saving the confusion now.  As you know, Jen and I have moved into "our" house.  That is pretty cool to say..."our" house.  We've been in here a few weeks now and it's starting to feel a lot more like us.  We're going to attempt to do some painting this week and that will be some of the finishing touches to making the transformation of our 70 yr old house (and a house warming party is coming soon for those who have yet to see it).  

If I was to take a step back and look at my life, my marriage, etc., I'd say I've been pretty blessed.  Who knew two years ago I'd be married now and have a house to call my own.  Not only that, but a commercial I made being aired on t.v. and my name getting recognized by more and more people.  It's pretty cool.  Speaking of that, I'll throw a plug in here for the Buddy Walk this Sat. Oct. 30th.  If you want to know more about that, visit www.dsagno.org and sign up soon!

Lately, I've been thinking about Levi.  I don't know what it is, why I have...but I have.  Not to say it's a crazy thing to think about him, I just have more lately than I usually have.  Probably b/c everytime I log onto facebook, I see nothing but baby pictures posted on the news feed.  And that's no joke...there are literally tons of pictures.  And not that it's a bad thing again, b/c my friends and people I know have the right to do that...it's an amazing gift from God to be blessed with new life (Jen and I know the feeling).  But it just gets me thinking how things would be right now had Levi made it to his due date.  And I'm not gonna go ahead and name how things would be, it's just a little crazy to think about.  I feel bad, but I also often forget that Jen and I have a son looking down and praying for us.  Partially b/c I never carried him inside of me and how time and moving on can play a factor in that too.  I just wish I had more time to connect and get the dad thing time to soak in.  But always, I know he is there and God's plan will come together one day.  

Also lately, I've been trying to start my day off in prayer.  Not much, but something.  I've always prayed...at night and even throughout the day, but never really in the morning.  And thanks to a priest suggesting it to me, I can start to see it paying off.  My days have still been equally stressful and annoying, but from praying in the morning, I've been able to recognize my temper and control in those situations and call out to God for his presence.  It really is awesome in how God can move through you despite what goes on in life that's out of your control.

Well, I think I've rambled on about much of what was in my brain thus far and I know that will please the wife.  Hopefully, it won't be 6 months till my next post (to my fans, don't worry) and we can make this feel like "our" blog again...instead of Jen's ;P. 



Deo Gratias 

4 comments:

  1. So wait, is this post from Logan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted you guys to know that i still read this.
    LAL, i'm glad you posted an entry.

    love both of you!
    --lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for sharing Logan :) It's so great to hear from YOU!

    Lots of Love,
    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wanted you guys to know that i still read this.
    LAL, i'm glad you posted an entry.

    love both of you!
    --lindsey

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...