"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, October 22, 2010

The Temperament Test

I've been a really bad blogger lately - I guess that's what happens when you buy a house. I promise we'll post more pictures of the house. We're planning on painting next weekend, so it'll probably be after that. :)

My sister-in-law is letting me borrow her copy of the book The Temperament God Gave You, so I've been reading it. I'm not sure how many people are familiar with the 4 temperaments, but I think it's pretty useful (if not necessary) knowledge, and I really think everyone on the planet should read this book. Just saying.

I was going to go into a brief overview of the temperaments, buuuuut I'm feeling especially lazy today. So you should just google it or something. Or read the book.

Logan and I have taken the temperament test, and it turns out, we're pretty much complete opposites (all of our random arguing totally makes sense now!). He's sanguine, and I'm melancholic/phlegmatic. So basically, he loves being around people and nothing fazes him, and he doesn't worry about life's problems...and I'd rather spend time by myself, reading or something, and I can't help but worry about the future and freak out over little things. In a way, it's a good thing to be opposites, because he can help calm my fears, and I can help him not procrastinate and be more organized. But on the flipside, I don't understand how he can just let things go, and he doesn't understand why I worry so much. It makes for an interesting life together, to say the least. But we're learning how to encourage each other, despite our differing temperaments, and I truly believe it could help a lot of relationships, especially marriages.

I found a copy of the book online, so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...