"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Aging cream and growth supplements, anyone?

This might be a completely pointless post. Just warning you. I think I just need to vent, though.

I know I'm short. I know I look younger than my age. People must not realize I'm fully aware of these things, because I am constantly - and I mean everyday of my life, ahhhh - being told I look like a kid. A few examples from this past week or so...

  • "When I first saw you, I thought, man, that's a big 2nd-grader."
  • "I thought you were a teenager at first!"
  • "Are you home from college or are you still in high school?"
  • "I thought you were eleven."
  • "I'm taller than you!"
I think you get the point. I can completely understand getting mistaken for a college or high school student, and heck, even a middle school student. But a 2nd grader? Please.

And yes, I know looking young is going to be a really good thing in another 10-20 years. I'm fully aware of that too. So thank you, world, for making me even more aware of things I'm already aware of. I appreciate it. Let's hope Santa brings me some aging cream and growth supplements for Christmas.

Okay. End of rant. (And that last statement was totally a joke, by the way...I think)

On a much brighter note, I've also had several people tell me the past week or so that I look happier and that I'm much more fun to be around. Sometimes I wonder if I really did seem that depressed before. Ah, well. All is good for now - you know, other than people mistaking me for an elementary school student. :)

"Ever since I have given up all self-seeking, I lead the happiest life possible." - St. Therese of Lisieux

5 comments:

  1. I love you and Logan just the way you are! GOD made everyone to be a unique individual. It is not a persons outward appearance that makes them - it is what is inside. You and Logan both are beautiful (inside and out!) I Love You Both with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, Ok- so I am guilty of the good and bad comments this week. But in my defense- I love you just the way you are, and truthfully I am jealous that no one mistakes me for being in high school anymore (though it was quite embarrassing when I was pregnant). AND, every time I buy alcohol at Wal-Mart now and the little thing pops up and asks if the customer looks under 40- THEY DON'T EVEN ASK ANYMORE!!!!

    Maybe Santa will bring ME the aging cream for Christmas *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the "short" stuff all the time. Generally, I take it as though people are joking, even if they aren't. I also tend to tell myself that short (or fun-sized, if you will) people are considered "cute" because we kind of stand out (okay maybe not the right words here, but you get it!) in a crowd. It's fun to be short...except when in a tall-person house, and I just can't reach a darn thing!! I'm also holding out hope that some guy will appreciate the vertically-challenged girl that I am. :) Smile, you know you want to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The *old* friendApril 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM

    Um, Ok- so I am guilty of the good and bad comments this week. But in my defense- I love you just the way you are, and truthfully I am jealous that no one mistakes me for being in high school anymore (though it was quite embarrassing when I was pregnant). AND, every time I buy alcohol at Wal-Mart now and the little thing pops up and asks if the customer looks under 40- THEY DON'T EVEN ASK ANYMORE!!!!

    Maybe Santa will bring ME the aging cream for Christmas *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you and Logan just the way you are! GOD made everyone to be a unique individual. It is not a persons outward appearance that makes them - it is what is inside. You and Logan both are beautiful (inside and out!) I Love You Both with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...