"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, November 8, 2010

Only With God's Grace

For the past several days now, I've been, well...different. And I guess there's just no other way to put it than I did last week: I'm at peace with my current situation. It may not seem like a big deal to some people, but for me, it's freakin' awesome. I haven't felt this way in almost a year (go back and read our blog from the beginning if you don't believe me). I'm not constantly worrying about things, and I'm not trying to predict the future. I'm just simply living each day as it comes, not letting every little frustration get the best of me. Trust me, I'm not naive - I know this time of peace isn't going to last forever. And that's okay. I'm just grateful I've finally been able to let go of so many things in my life.  I've always known and said the right things, like God is control of my life and He knows what's best for me, etc., but saying that is one thing...and actually letting God control my life is another. I'm finally giving God the reins - or the wheel, or whatever you wish to call it - completely. And that has only been possible with God's abundant grace.

As always, thank you for your prayers. :)

"Grace, combined with insight and choice, is the means of change." - Father Benedict Groeschel

2 comments:

  1. So proud and happy for you! I know this is a big deal :) love you, praying for ya'll, and miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud and happy for you! I know this is a big deal :) love you, praying for ya'll, and miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...