"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Levi Anthony

Yesterday marked a year since we lost Levi. For obvious reasons, I've been dreading the day, because this last year has been really hard and I thought for sure I'd be a complete mess all day. Surprisingly though, it went rather well. You all must have been praying for me extra hard, and God must have given me some extra graces, because instead of falling into a pit of despair (like I have a tendency to do), I was able to think about Levi in a good way, feeling blessed for the brief time I had with him in my womb. I'm really glad I have such vivid memories of him kicking inside me and of all my doctor appointments, hearing his heartbeat and seeing him on the ultrasounds. I'm also glad we have a few pictures of him after the delivery, because I know most people who've lost pregnancies don't have that. And as hard as that whole experience was, Logan and I both agree that plenty good has come from it - the most important thing being that our son is now with Christ in Heaven. Praise God for that.

Thank you for your prayers!

The will of God is never exactly what you expect it to be. It may seem to be much worse, but in the end it's going to be a lot better and a lot bigger. -Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...