"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, December 6, 2010

Something we've been praying about...

Well, we survived the weekend. I think the stress made me get sick, but fortunately, I was able to take today off. Whew. Now we're debating on whether or not to tackle the living room floor ASAP or just wait until after Christmas. I guess it depends on what the lovely insurance company says...

So, there's been something I've been praying about since the summer. It sounds crazy to some people, and I've already had someone try to talk me out of it, but...I've been considering foster care. Naturally, Logan would have to be a part of it too, so we've been praying and talking about it for a few months now. To be honest, Logan wasn't thrilled at first, but he kept an open mind. A week after we bought our house, at the end of September, we attended an orientation class on how to become foster parents. It basically just explained the whole process and answered all our questions about it. The next step is to take 21 hours of classes to become certified as foster parents. Well, we started those classes last Thursday (yes, that night after our house flooded!). We have a 3-hour class every week for 7 weeks. Attending all the classes and becoming certified still doesn't mean we're obligated to take any foster children - in other words, we can still back out if we decide - so we figured taking the classes wouldn't hurt. And actually, we're learning some interesting stuff.

Logan and I have only told a few people ('til now!), and most people are surprised, mainly because they assumed we're trying to get pregnant. And we are still trying. But since we have a big house, and at least 9 more months until we have baby, we feel called to open our home to kids that really need it. You can think we're crazy all you want, and yes, I know we're young...you should have seen everyone look at us at the class last week. [One lady thought I was a foster child. Eh.] But for now, we feel like we're doing God's will. Please pray for us as we continue this process. :)

3 comments:

  1. :) Will keep praying for you guys.
    I think it's exciting.. happy for the both of you.

    11 more days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lindsey...that's really exciting!! It's something I used to think about when I was younger (think, middle/high school?), but people always say negative things about it. Sure, there are challenges, but should one not open their hearts (and homes) simply because of the challenge? I think you two are admirable for even considering it!! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lindsey...that's really exciting!! It's something I used to think about when I was younger (think, middle/high school?), but people always say negative things about it. Sure, there are challenges, but should one not open their hearts (and homes) simply because of the challenge? I think you two are admirable for even considering it!! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...