"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Change of Heart (pun intended)

I should have written this yesterday, but oh well. Better late than never!


I used to think Valentine’s Day was pretty lame. And I still don’t think it’s the greatest holiday, mainly because I’m totally not a romantic person. In fact, if it weren’t for Logan and his crazy romantic side, our marriage would be pretty boring. (I woke up yesterday to rose petals on the ground, index cards with definitions of love all over the house, and a nice little setup of chocolate, flowers, and a stuffed animal on the kitchen table. What did I get for him? Nothing…until I got off work yesterday. Oops.) Plus, you’re supposed to be loving and sweet every day – not just on February 14. But let’s face it…sometimes (maybe it’s just me) you just don’t feel like being romantic. And sometimes your relationships go through a rough patch. And sometimes you’d rather just have some time alone than be with someone you love (again, maybe just me?). So, I have come to the conclusion that a commercial holiday can indeed be a good thing, because it forces you to do something thoughtful. I know I certainly needed a reminder this year.
 Yeah, this started my day off right.
 And this was from my other valentine...(Logan better watch out, this 8-year old is a cutie ;))

St. Valentine, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...