"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Patience is a virtue...that I don't have

Our home development worker came over yesterday (rescheduled from last week) as part of the home study process. We weren't sure what to expect, really - I thought she'd inspect our house and everything. She did ask for a tour, but it seemed like she was more interested in getting to know Logan and me. She asked a bunch of questions, like our preferences for age, gender, and number of kids. We have another meeting setup for next week. Whenever Logan and I get around to it, we need to get fingerprinted, and we have one last interview. After that, we basically wait for all of the paperwork to be processed, which could take 60-90 days. I was surprised at that, and somewhat disappointed, because it seems like getting certified is taking FOREVER. But I completely understand why it's so in depth - they need to make sure all foster parents don't have serious issues. 

I'm not a very patient person - when I want something I want it NOW - so this dragged on process is testing my nerves. But it seems as if God keeps wanting me to be patient, so I'm trying to look at the positive side of waiting another 2-3 months until we have a foster child. The same can be said with trying to get pregnant. I'm well aware of the fact that Logan and I should be enjoying our time together, because once a kid comes along...well, you know. Life gets crazy.

On a slightly random note, Logan and I have started running this week (I'm not going to lie, I ate wayyyy too much candy on Valentine's Day), in attempt to be in shape for the annual 5K run that Logan did last year. Let me just say, running is a wonderful stress reliever. If you haven't noticed, I could use that right now. :)

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them – every day begin the task anew." -St. Francis de Sales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...