"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, March 28, 2011

A celebrity called me today

The only thing that's been going on around here lately is work and soccer, and since I don't want to bore you with that, I'll entertain you with this little story. Oh, and by the way, we still haven't heard anything from our home development worker about officially being certified, although I know for a fact that all of our references were turned in. In case you were wondering.

And since I know you're all wondering why the heck Logan never blogs anymore, I just wanted to tell you that he attempted to blog this weekend and fell asleep in front of the computer. So keep dreaming, people.

So, I'm at work today and I get a phone call from a Mississippi number that I don't recognize (I knew it was from Mississippi since my parents live there). Since I was talking to a co-worker, I didn't answer. A couple minutes later, I'm making copies at the copy machine and the same number calls. I figured the person must really want to talk to me if they're calling twice within 5 minutes (or thought it might be my parents calling from somewhere), so I answer.

Me: "Hello?"

Guy on the other end: "Who am I speaking with?"

Me (being the jerk that I am): "Uh, you should know if you're calling me!"

The guy introduces himself as Brad and proceeded to explain how someone gave him my number at some point in time, and that he was on the road now, and he might have mentioned something about a band. Honestly, I almost hung up on the guy because I had no clue who he was and he wouldn't shut up about how he got my number, and I was trying to make some darn copies. So, needless to say, I wasn't paying very close attention to what he said (if you haven't noticed the lack of details). I just threw in a random "yeah" and "uh huh" hoping he'd stop talking. Finally, I said, "You must have the wrong number." Brad apologized and I abruptly hung up the phone.

I must have come across as slightly annoyed, because a few minutes later, I get a text message from the same number - seriously, now - and it says: "This is Brad Arnold from 3 Doors Down. I am truly sorry to disturb you...Have a great day :) :) :)"

Wait, what? 3 Doors Down? Is this guy for real?

Well, folks, I googled it (because I google everything), and Brad Arnold is indeed the lead singer for 3 Doors Down (for those living under a rock, 3 Doors Down is a pretty well-known rock band). And the band was founded in Mississippi. Now, why the heck he would have been calling me is beyond my comprehension. Maybe if I wasn't such a jerk and had listened to guy, I'd have an answer. I didn't respond to the text message, because really, what do you say to that? "Oh my gosh, you're THAT Brad? Wanna go have coffee or something?"

Yeah. Sure.

When I told Logan about it and then showed him the text message, he exclaimed, "Are you serious??" And then fussed me for not inviting the guy over or something. Logan also started saying how Britney Spears called him today. He thinks he's funny.

Well, the good news is I have Brad Arnold's number. Assuming it wasn't an impostor or I wasn't getting punk'd or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...