"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Change of plans?

I just have to laugh, because less than a month ago I said how we'll have to wait 60-90 days for all of the paperwork to get processed before Logan and I are certified as foster/adoptive parents. Our final home visit was today, and our home development worker informed us that our certification process is moving along rather quickly. She apparently wanted to rush the process so we "don't miss out on any opportunities." They're just waiting on a few more of our references. But once they get those in, we'll be certified.

Just in case that's not very clear, that means we could be certified very, very soon. And have a foster child in our home very, very soon. Oh. My. Goodness. Let the freaking out commence.

Okay, so we're not completely freaking out. It's just a little nerve-wracking. Well, very nerve-wracking. I mean, when you're pregnant, you get at least 9 months (usually) to prepare. And even though we've been going through this process for a few months now, we thought we still had 2 or 3 more months. Not so anymore. I'm not sure whether to be excited or scared. I think I'm both.

"Either we are adrift in chaos or we are individuals, created, loved, upheld and placed purposefully, exactly where we are. Can you believe that?" -Elisabeth Elliot

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy!!!! That's sooooooo exciting! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy!!!! That's sooooooo exciting! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...