"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, March 7, 2011

Thank God for holidays

I have the week off due to Mardi Gras - woo hoo! - so be prepared for me to be a blogging fool. I've been slacking lately...but not as much as Logan. ;)

Our second home visit was canceled a couple weeks ago (twice), so it was re-rescheduled for this week. Since we went to the DCFS office (Department of Children & Family Services) last week, the home visit is the pretty much the last thing we need to do. After that, we wait for everything to get processed. This week before the visit, I'll be finishing up all of the paperwork, like providing contact information for if we need to evacuate with foster children (I swear, these people think of everything), and drawing up a floor plan of our house (fortunately, I can use our floor plan from the appraisal when we bought the house). Plus we need to buy a carbon monoxide detector and an escape ladder (I'm telling you, they think of EVERYTHING). Looking back, it was a pretty long process, but straightforward. And pretty painless. (I don't want to scare anyone who's considering it. :) )

If anyone decides to be certified as foster/adoptive parents, be ready to share pretty much every detail of your life. For real. Last week at the DCFS office, our home development worker wanted to get to know us a little better, so she was asking some personal questions, like how Logan and I were disciplined as kids and how we met and what makes us happy. Yeah, what makes us happy....Logan says, "Uhhh....cookie cake makes me happy!" To which we all laughed, followed by Logan and me just looking at each other wondering what in the world makes us happy. It's a lot easier to think of what doesn't make me happy - like our house flooding or our car getting towed or even worse, losing our baby - but then again, that's just my melancholic nature kicking in. I think our real answer to the "what makes us happy" question ended up being something along the lines of Logan and I doing things together, like house projects or playing sports. Now that I think about it, my answer should have been Jesus. Because He makes me happy. But of course I'm lame and didn't think of that until now. Sorry, Jesus.

Stay tuned for our newest home project, as well as our updated living room (I didn't forget!). Plus I might have a very melancholic post, since I know you enjoy when I make a fool of myself.

Kidding. Sort of.

Happy Lundi Gras!

1 comment:

  1. yay! I'm glad things are going well :) Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...