"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Where's Mario when you need him....

Yea, this is Logan. You don't hear from me much b/c I'm usually too busy to blog, Jen has either said anything I would say, or I'm just too lazy (go with the latter on this one). So, I figured now is as good as anytime to blog b/c I've been up since 6:15 and not going to work b/c of the weather.

Topic one: Shrooms
Yea, that's right. Mushrooms - noun - a fungal growth that typically takes the form of a domed cap on a stalk, often with gills on the underside of the cap. Okay, so I've been working for a landscape company for way too many years now and have been to numerous houses and have done numerous maintenance. I've come across weeds, ants, bees, poison ivy, but never once come across mushrooms. Well, wouldn't ya know, that the one garden in my entire experience to get these things....is mine. Yea, what the heck. It only aggravates me b/c it's the unlikeliest of things to grow....and my garden grew it. Plus, they're probably harmful if Marley, Ms. "I eat my own poo," gets a hold of one. So if anyone comes across one of the Mario Bros., tell them I got their hookup.

Topic Two: Run Forrest!
I don't write much on this blog but one of the few entries dates back a year ago when I talked about gearing up for the annual 5k Bridge Run our parish holds each year. Last year, I trained and ran it in 23:10. I was very excited. Especially after not having run in so long. My goal this year is to def. do it under 23 minutes, but if possible to try and get it under 22. I feel like I'm in better shape so hopefully succcess is with me. I'm also for the first time in my life going to do the Crescent City Classic which is a couple of weeks after the Bridge Run. I used to think the Classic was this super long race until I found out it was only a 10K (6.2 mi). So I'm def. excited to do that. I have some friends doing it as well so it should be fun. Last year I ran the Bridge Run for our son Levi. I wore one of his baby bracelets the hospital gave us and used that as my motivation to race hard for him. This year, I have another motivation and bracelet to represent that. But due to the respect of this person, you'll have to see me in person to find out who and what I'm doing it for. So hopefully, by the time May rolls around, I'll put up a post with the results of my races. Jen is also doing the Bridge Run and she told me last night her goal is to do the whole thing without walking. Wish us luck!

Topic three: Foster Care
So yea, if you're a frequent flier on this blog you know about the foster care situation. And can I just say, when Jen first proposed this thought a year or so ago, I wanted to turn out that light bulb as quick as it came on. I don't know if it's b/c I'm a guy, young, or just afraid of getting too involved with tings, but truth be told I did. not. want. to try this foster thing out. But after some time of prayer and consideration for my wife, I gave the idea a shot and took the classes. Today, I'm more ready to take that leap of faith than before. After taking the classes, you really see that it's about giving these kids a safe environment to live and hopefully giving them a fresh direction on life. Granted we have not been contacted by our worker yet for a kid and my previous sentence could turn out to have me choking on those words, but I'm trying to think possitive. I really hope down the line I can say with all my heart that it is worth it. I'd thank God for opening my heart and then Jen for opening my eyes. And you never know if that first child will be ours for a few days or a few months, but I'm willing to trust that God knows what he is doing...I have to.

Topic Four: Cheap Advertising
Okay, if you don't already know, I've officailly started my own business--> 12-29 Productions, LLC. The 12-29 by the way is the day Levi came and left us...he will always be our inspiration. The company is a videography business that specializes in weddings, slideshows, commercials, events, etc. I've been doing forms of videography since the 8th grade and have grown immensely in my passion for it. I love the effect that capturing something through video can have on someone's life. I've been fascinated by this business since I was young and have never stopped learning. If by the end of the day I can make the client feel the same way, that's more than enough to keep me going. If you would like to see some of my footage, you can go to facebook.com/1229productions or contact me at 1229prod@gmail.com for more info.


The end.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! What a great post, log! So many things going on :)

    love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a great post, log! So many things going on :)

    love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...