"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, April 25, 2011

Divine Providence

When I talked to our home development worker last week, she said she'd fax us one last form for us to fill out. I still haven't received the fax yet, so I called her today to see what was up. The office informed me that she was out all week. So, we have some more waiting to do. Part of me wants to get frustrated at how much longer this is taking than we thought last month, but then I realize that I'm still trying to do things my way instead of letting God do things His way, in His timing. It's a hard thing to grasp sometimes. I'm really trying to just sit back and wait things out, because when I think about it, it'd be much more convenient to first get a foster child during the summer when I'm not working. Maybe that's the reason God wants us to wait, and maybe it's not. Either way, it's becoming quite clear that I still need to work on trusting God and Divine Providence.

I read the book Abandonment to Divine Providence last fall - which was exactly what I needed to read at the time - and I'm thinking a little re-reading wouldn't be such a bad idea...(I totally recommend reading it, by the way)

"Give to God what belongs to Him, and remain lovingly passive in his hands. Hold for certain that what takes place either exteriorly or interiorly is best for you." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, awesome book!! You're reminding me that maybe a need a reread myself... keep up the posts, inspiring as always!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...