"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Foster care, fertility, and free time

Soccer is OVER. For now, anyways. :) I'm looking forward to my free time, though. Or should I say clean-the-house time?

Our home development worker called me yesterday. It's been a few weeks since we've talked, so I didn't know what to expect. She said our application is still in the final processing stages, and she thinks it's taking so long because a bunch of applications were submitted at once. The only other thing she said was that Logan and I have to fill out one more form. Other than that, it looks like we're still playing the waiting game. And we thought things were rolling along quickly...ha...

This next part is about fertility, so be forewarned (as in, I'm going to talk about my period and such). Feel free to stop reading. ;)

I guess it's been about 3 months since I decided to stop taking Clomid. And not stressing over all that fertility stuff was definitely what both Logan and I needed. This past weekend, though, I started spotting, and I thought I was about to start my period. It still hasn't started though, and the spotting stopped. I know sometimes spotting can be normal, but I also know that sometimes it isn't, so I decided to call my doctor. I took a pregnancy test first, just to rule it out (good thing too, because that was the first thing he asked - "Are you pregnant?") - it was negative. My doctor - who I love, by the way - just thinks I'm not ovulating, so he prescribed progesterone to kick-start my period. He also said we can try Clomid again if I want, and do the ultrasound and all of that. I told him I'd think about it, because last time was just too much, and it's been nice not having to go through all of that. But then again, if I'm not ovulating, Clomid is obviously what I need to do. So, if you could pray that I could be okay with all of this fertility stuff, I'd really appreciate it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...