"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Soccer is consuming my life. I love it anyway.

I'm being convinced more and more that God's timing is so much better than ours (I mean, I already knew that, but it's like I'm really really realizing it as time goes on). I say this because Logan and I always seem to be so darn busy, and when I think about throwing kids into the mix, I wonder what the heck we would do. But of course, if that did happen, I know God would help us through it. And, once kids do come into the picture, there's a good chance that we won't be doing a lot of the same things we do now.

I thought last weekend was busy, and then I realized that I have 5 soccer games this weekend. Yes, five. I coach 3 games and play in 2 games. Throw in a crawfish boil and mass and Bunco (oh yes, I am totally playing Bunco this weekend, even though I have no idea how to play) and it'll be a crazy weekend. But at least next week is only a 3-day work week. Yayyy for Easter holidays!

I should be cleaning my house right now. But I figured that since I have to leave in 15 minutes to play a soccer game, I should just waste it on a pointless blog entry. Yep.

Actually, to make this not a pointless entry, this morning I was thinking about my sister-in-law and how she's pregnant with her 2nd baby (yay!), and how cute Max is, so I was wondering how cute this next baby will be. Because I just don't know if it's possible to be any cuter than him. And then I randomly thought about Levi, and how he was cute even though he was only 5 months gestation, and I started to wonder what he would have looked like now if he were still with us. And then I got sad and cried because he's not with us. But then I thought about how he's with Jesus, and that's just so much better. I still miss him, though.

If it makes you feel better, this whole thought process happened on my way to work, and once I got there I was totally fine. Sometimes I just can't help but think about my baby.
Lamentations 3:25 - The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...