"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, May 16, 2011

Another one? Pshhh

Today I received yet another phone call about a placement. This is how the conversation went...

Worker: "I'm calling about a placement."

Me: "Uhhh, we already have one..."

Worker: laughing, "Yes, this is about another one."

After telling me the situation - a 4-year old boy - I said, "I have to ask my husband, but I have a feeling it's going to be a big NO since we have a baby right now. I'll ask anyway and call you back..."

Yeah, I was right. Big fat no. But thankfully I have a husband with common sense who knows we are not ready to have another child in this house. I just feel like we're supposed to help.

I know, I know. I'm crazy.

1 comment:

  1. wow! I didn't know they'd give you more than one at once! How honorable to know and respect your own limits... thinking of you! 

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...