"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, May 5, 2011

I love roller coasters...usually

I just can't believe how much this whole foster care thing has felt like a roller coaster ride. We knew it'd be hard, but the ups and downs are just crazy! From almost getting twins to getting a little baby in just a span of 4-5 days, and then having to adjust to everything that goes along with caring for a baby, and having to deal with everything that goes along with the foster care system (I'll save that for another day)....well, it's exhausting. And even though there have been times that both Logan and I have regretted ever agreeing to do this, we know that in the end it'll be worth it. It's already been rewarding to take care of such a good baby. As much as we love the little guy already, I hate not knowing how long we're going to keep him. It's pretty scary, because I'm getting more attached every day, despite trying to build this barrier between us. I keep reminding myself that he'll be in our care for as long as God sees fit and that our job is to just love on him as much as possible. It's hard, though, having lost our own baby and not knowing if we'll "lose" this foster baby too.

For those of you who haven't met him yet, this baby is so stinkin' cute. I mean seriously. He just gets all kind of attention everywhere we go!  That precious smile makes waking up in the middle of the night to feed him much easier. I would love to post pictures but we're really not supposed to...so maybe you should just come visit! (I would love to take a nap. Just saying.)

I just have to say that reading what I wrote about Divine Providence really makes me laugh. In a good way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...