"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm a mommy. Let's leave it at that.

This week got so busy that I didn't even get to write about last Sunday, May 1st, being Levi's due date. Surprisingly, I had a very good day, and I have to admit that it's doesn't hurt as much as it used to. Better than last year for sure. :)

I've been dreading Mother's Day for about a month or so now...even more than Levi's due date. I think it's because I've accepted the fact that Levi is no longer with us, but it's still hard to accept that we haven't been able to get pregnant again. God really spared me though, considering I can officially say I'm a foster mom as of last week. It's strange to celebrate Mother's Day more for being a foster mom instead of a biological mom, if that makes any sense. But when it comes down to it, being a mother is more than just blood relation. This past week has certainly taught me that.

In a way, it's been a bittersweet Mother's Day. I don't get to celebrate it with a biological child, but I do get to celebrate it with a very happy foster baby.

Blessed Mother of God, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...