"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Crawfish, shopping, and waterslides

Yep, that was my weekend - crawfish, shopping, and waterslides. Be jealous.

I've been having so much fun lately that I haven't had time to blog. Well, really just the weekend was fun. Last week was pretty stressful and busy and I just don't want to think about it. But of course all of the stressful stuff produces good blog posts. At least I'd like to think so.

I don't know if I'm making sense right now. I blame the dentist who numbed me up earlier. I still can't smile properly.

Okay. Now for the actual blog post.

I think it's pretty obvious that being foster parents has its ups and downs. And that there's more involved then you would think. Well, let me tell you. I had no idea. There was a conference thingy about the baby that we went to, and his case manager was there, as well as his family and a couple of attorneys. It was awkward and hard and oh my gosh I don't know where to begin.

Meeting the baby's family was more difficult than I imagined. It's quite clear that we have different ideas about parenting, which I figured would be the case. But what I wasn't expecting was to feel like I was being slapped in the face with reality. The reality that this baby is not ours, and he might not ever be, and that what Logan and I are doing isn't always appreciated.

One of the hardest things is not knowing how long we'll have him.One week it seems like it isn't very likely that we'll keep him, and the next week it still seems like a possibility that he'll stay. It's driving me nuts. But I keep thinking that our job stays the same no matter what - provide a loving and safe home. Temporary or not.

Psalm 128:1-2 - Happy is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in his ways. You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall go well with you.

4 comments:

  1. You and Logan are amazing people and will make amazing parents! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's beauty in the unknown. Praise God that our call to love doesn't depend on the time we have with someone.

    Y'all are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true! i'm so glad you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...