"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, June 20, 2011

Livin' on the edge

Since Logan and I had a pretty busy weekend, today was my first day to really feel the effects of not having to take care of a 6-month old baby anymore. It is WEIRD. Because God is awesome and my family and friends are big prayer warriors, I'm actually content right now. Which is awesome. I'm trying to looking at the bright side of everything...like how I can sleep solidly until 7am without hearing any crying, and how I can make a quick trip to the store like it's nothing (because compared to lugging around a baby and a diaper bag, it is nothing!). Plus, I finally made it to daily mass again. That was the best part of my day. :)

Oh, and my kitchen is totally cleaner than it has been in a very long time. Yay.

It's a bit nerve-wracking, I have to say, not knowing when we'll get a call about another placement. It could be tomorrow, could be next week. Who knows. So, in the meantime, I'm taking advantage of my free time to organize our house and perhaps tackle the upstairs bedrooms - like paint and whatnot. We'll see how that goes. Because I know that whenever I start a big project, we'll get another foster child. That's how life works.

I'm also a bit nervous as to what child we may have in our home next. Let's face it - Logan and I lucked out BIG time getting such a sweet and cute baby for our first placement. Seriously. I'm trying not to think about the possibility of getting a toddler with behavior issues or something. Yikes.

But, at least I know God won't give us anything more than we can handle.

Psalm 33: 22 - May your kindness, Lord, be upon us; we have put our hope in you.

2 comments:

  1. i love how "livin' on the edge" is going to the grocery store alone or making it to daily mass...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...i meant it more for how it feels when it comes to waiting for another phone call. but yes, shopping and going to mass is totally livin' on the edge too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...