"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, June 17, 2011

Not what we expected

All week I have actually been okay knowing we could be without the baby by the weekend, and I couldn't figure out why I was so calm about it. Well, I know the power of God's grace and everything, but it was still weird.

The baby did go home today. We brought him to the agency's office where the family was going to pick him up. On the way there, I called to let them know we were coming (so they could let the family know), and the agency worker told me that the family wanted us to stay until they got there - they wanted to talk to us. Although I thought it was a bit strange, we agreed to wait for them.

When Logan and I got to the office, one of the workers (okay, so apparently we have really bad luck with our assigned workers being available, so it was someone else) told us how the baby's family was really appreciative of us for taking such good care of their baby. We were pleasantly surprised, because when we met them before it didn't seem that way. There's a lot to say for assumptions, that's for sure.

The worker also asked if we had other kids in our home before, and when we said no, she asked how we were doing. I think we said something like "Okay for now." (And that was the only moment where I almost cried. You should be proud.) The worker looked at us sincerely and said, "Let me know if there is anything I can do to help."

I just had to include that because there have been a lot of foster parents that feel like the agency "doesn't care" about them and doesn't always make things easier. But so far, Logan and I have had a really good experience - other than the bad luck with certain workers being available.

Anyways.

When the baby's family finally got there, the first thing they did was ask us if we wanted to be the baby's godparents. Can you believe it? They reiterated what the worker told us about being appreciative of what we've done and that they want us to visit and keep in touch.

So, it looks like we'll be seeing the cute baby again (I guess we really should decide on a nickname now). God is just too good sometimes.

Logan and I have already packed up the massive amount of baby things we managed to accumulate over the past month and a half (it's just easier that way), and I have to say, it's weird. But knowing we'll still see the cutie again makes it much easier.

Exodus 14:14 - The Lord himself will fight for you; you have only to keep still.

3 comments:

  1. that is just so bitterweet! I am so happy that 'the baby' will still be a part of your guys life :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYY!!!!!! This is so exciting Jen! YAYYYY :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks :) and yeah, if i could use one word to describe it...bittersweet. definitely.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...