"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Where's the baby?

Yesterday, I spent some time with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew (Max) - we went to mass and visited with some friends. On the way home, Max surprised us by asking, "Where's the baby?"

My sister-in-law and I look at each other, like oh no. Lindsey decided to make sure Max was referring to "the baby", since he had just been playing with other children.

Lindsey: Do you mean Baby Daniel?

Max: No....

Lindsey: What baby?

Max: Nanny's baby. Where is he?

Lindsey and I just looked at each other. How in the world do you explain it to a 3-year old? So, I just told him that the baby went home. And surprisingly, Max didn't say anything else about it. It's just funny how he waited until the ride home to ask about the baby. I guess seeing other children at our friends' house made him realize that "Nanny's baby" wasn't around.

This has been on my mind for awhile now, but Max's questioning just adds fuel to the fire. I can't help but think how Logan and I aren't the only ones that have to worry about getting attached to whatever foster child we may be caring for. It's one thing for just the two of us to deal with the emotional aspect of it, but it's another thing for our family and friends to have to deal with it too. I kind of feel guilty that it's not just Logan and me that is being affected by our decision to be foster parents. And I just really don't know what to do about it.

Psalm 143:10 - Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...