"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, July 22, 2011

Placement #2

Hey. Logan and I have a toddler now. A boy we shall call Peanut.

It didn't take us long to realize that this will be an entirely different experience than the one we had with Bamm Bamm. We went from diapers, formula, and a barely-crawling baby to a boy who walks, talks, and terrorizes poor Marley. I think he's been here for about 3-4 hours now and I'm exhausted. Remind me why I'm doing this again?

Kidding. I know why I'm doing this. Because this cute little boy needs a stable environment with rules and discipline - we're 99% certain he hasn't gotten it anywhere else.Too bad it's going to take A LOT of patience. And too bad Logan and I are probably 2 of the most impatient people on the face of the earth.

Kidding again. Although we are both very impatient at times, I have to say that we're doing okay right now. I've been reading up on discipline and have been watching Supernanny. Just consider me an expert.

I would say I'm kidding again but that's just ridiculous. I really am an expert.

Or at least I will be after being a foster parent. I think.

On a completely seriously note (can you tell the exhaustion has set in?), I have to say that we were cautioned that Peanut has some behavior issues. But I didn't let it freak me out because bad behavior is usually because of the environment and multiple other factors. I'm glad, too, otherwise I would have gone in with the wrong mindset. It's pretty obvious, after such a short time, that Peanut needs some structure. I hope and pray we can stick with it. For his sake.

Keep us all in your prayers, please. May God bless you faithful readers. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Nothing like a good challenge!! I can't wait to meet Peanut. Do you think y'all can get him into shape before school starts? You know that's going to be a beast for the little fella- a lot of change in a couple weeks, but if anyone can handle it, y'all can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i was thinking the same thing - got a couple weeks to get him into shape. he's handling it pretty well so far though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...