"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm feeling the love

I'm going to start with some positives. Peanut is now sleeping with the lights off! Woo. (It's the little things in life, I tell ya.) Yesterday I also got him to take a nap without his pacifier. But I think we ended up paying for it afterwards...let's just leave it at this: he peed in the bath tub. Eh.

Peanut's constant asking about "Nana" has also decreased. Don't get me wrong - he still asks for her, but it's nowhere near as often as it used to be. Thank you, Jesus.

In the last few days, Peanut has become very affectionate. It's cute, actually. Like at church, he kept putting his head on my lap. And even as I type this, he's randomly running up to me and giving me a hug - and occasionally trying to climb on my lap. Even though we still have some very trying discipline moments, the affectionate moments totally make up for it.

I've decided that Peanut is going to call us whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Sometimes it's "Mr. Logan" and "Mrs. Jen" and sometimes he says Mommy and Daddy. Whenever he does say the latter, though, we make sure to add our name to it - "Momma Jen" and "Poppa Logan" or something like it. Because while we totally understand him seeing us as his parents right now, he does have biological parents. And I don't want them to get offended by him calling us Mom and Dad. Plus, I know he visits with at least his mom, so I've been referring to her as his mommy. It's a very complicated situation, this whole name thing, and I guess there's really no right or wrong way to handle it. I don't know...

Considering I've been recovering from getting my wisdom teeth out (awful, I tell you), and we've managed to make it through the last 5-6 days, I'd say we're doing pretty good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...