"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, August 15, 2011

Just call me Mommy Jen

Peanut officially calls me "Mommy Jen" 99% of the time. He still calls Logan "Mr. Logan", though. I think little boys just like saying mommy, because when I brought him in Target the other day, Peanut kept pointing at me and telling everyone we passed, "That's my mommy." (I didn't have the heart to say anything.)

When we had Bamm Bamm, I was worried about how hard it would be for us to give him back. Now that we have Peanut, I'm still worried - but this time, I'm more worried about how Peanut will handle it. And I say that because he is older and has become more attached to Logan and me than Bamm Bamm did, even though it's only been 3 weeks. When he's not driving us CRAZY, he's constantly giving us hugs, and lately he's been crying occasionally during the night until I go in and comfort him. And when he's upset (due to him either being in trouble or getting hurt or something), he cries for "Mommy Jen" and asks me to hold him.

Even though he does have a biological mother, he sees me as his mom right now, because I'm the one doing all of the "mommy" things. I totally get that. But it's still hard to think about what will happen if/when he leaves us. The poor little guy has been through enough already. I guess it's just one of those situations where you have to trust that God will work things out for the good of all, even when it seems like someone will get hurt, no matter what happens.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 - He has made everything appropriate to its time, and has put the timeless into their hearts, without men's ever discovering, from beginning to end, the work which God has done.

1 comment:

  1. You are his foster mommy, so yes, you are his mommy. I think what you and Logan are doing is awesome. Giving birth does not make you a mommy. What you are doing, does. Hang in there Jen. Sounds like yall are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...