"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

No baby for Jen

Things have gotten slightly better than Saturday. Thankfully. To be more specific, instead of hurting himself now (i.e. biting or hitting his head), Peanut is just getting really, really upset. For no reason at all, sometimes. He runs around crying and calling my name. Since the more aggressive behavior is decreasing, maybe that means we've passed the worst of it...

I really hope so, because this girl is TIRED. Peanut is just a bundle of energy, and on the off-chance that he's not running around like little boys do, he's following me around the house saying, "Hold me, Mommy Jen. Hold me." There's only so much of that I can take.

On Monday, our home development worker called me to see if we still had Peanut, because they had a baby they were trying to place. And oh, I so wanted to tell her we'd take him! But Logan once again was the sensible one who shut down that idea really fast. I know, I should thank him.

But man, I really want a baby.
I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God,
to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice,
holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship.
Do not conform yourselves to this age
but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
that you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good and pleasing and perfect. -Romans 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...