"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fertility update (kind of)

This won't seem like a fertility update. But it's the closest I'm going to get...

I think I've only mentioned it briefly once or twice, but at the end of July I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. Recovery was a bit difficult, since all of my teeth were impacted, and I have a small mouth. I even have a lovely scar on the corner of my mouth where the dentist accidentally cut me during the surgery due to me having a small mouth.

A couple weeks after getting my wisdom teeth out, I was still having trouble eating, and I was still in pain. The left side of my mouth was still swollen, so whenever I ate, I was chewing the inside of my cheek. Lovely, I know. So I made an appointment with my dentist, and he said to stop chewing. (Stop chewing? Seriously?) I was on a lovely soft/liquid diet for even longer (which I mentioned during this lovely post). The swelling got slightly better, but my mouth still hurt. The following week, my mouth started bleeding a lot in the middle of the night, so I made an appointment with my dentist again. Because seriously, my mouth looked BAD. Red, swollen, and just plain disgusting. And I still couldn't eat.

One look at my mouth and my dentist immediately said that he had to remove what he initially thought was extra tissue in the inside of my left cheek. So they numbed me up right then and there, and as he started the procedure, my dentist realized the large mass in my cheek was a hematoma. Apparently it had formed slowly after my surgery. He removed it, and the entire office thought it was the most interesting thing ever - like hey, this girl just got this huge blood clot removed from her mouth, come look! My dentist even looked at me and said, "You know what? I've been practicing for a long time, and I have never seen this before." His partner agreed.

So, the reason I'm even writing about this is because my dentist made a comment about clotting issues, and I explained how I was pregnant before and lost the baby, and they thought it was a clotting problem at first. So he told me to mention it to my doctor.

The following week I called my doctor. He told me he was going to call the high-risk OB/GYN I saw way back when, and then he'd get back to me. We talked about me seeing a hematologist, but first he wanted to talk to the high-risk doctor.

Well. It's been at least a couple weeks, and I still haven't heard from my doctor. I know I could just call him back, but then I realized I won't have time to do any tests or blood work right now anyways. The whole wisdom teeth craziness made me leave work early several times already, plus I asked off for a few days for a family trip later on.

It's frustrating...because if I really do have some bleeding issue or something - that could be affecting my fertility - I want to address it. But LIFE IS TOO CRAZY. I might just have to wait until Thanksgiving or something.

So there you go. An update on my fertility (or lack thereof).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...