"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, September 2, 2011

Cry me a river

Peanut is getting better when it comes to biting himself and all of that nonsense. I think we've only had one time this week where it was an issue (hmm, maybe twice...). But like I mentioned Wednesday, he's been getting really upset lately.

This morning Logan and I were hugging each other in the kitchen. Peanut walks in, sees us hugging, and then runs into the other room crying and calling my name. We found him on the ground crying. Then a few minutes later, Logan was showing me something on his phone, so we were right next to each other. Peanut walks in the room, sees us, and then runs off crying again. He was saying "Mommy" over and over, and he hid behind a chair.

I know I've said this before, and I'll probably say it plenty more, but...what the heck are we supposed to do with that?? Peanut either (a) thinks Logan is going to steal me away from him, (b) wants my undivided attention, or (c) something else entirely (sorry, I can't think of anything else at the moment, but feel free to enlighten me with your ideas :) ).

Peanut is doing more and more of this - seeing Logan and me together, and then running off crying. We've tried talking to him about it, but some things are hard for a 2-going-on-3-year old to express/understand. This evening the same thing happened, and I told Peanut that I love him and that I love Daddy Logan (we're trying to get him to say Daddy instead of Mr.). So hopefully by reassuring him that I love them both will comfort him. It's worth a try, at least.

I guess we should be thankful that we're seeing some improvement in his behavior. Peanut still isn't listening all that well (but I guess toddlers in general are bad at that?), but at least the aggressiveness is not as frequent. Whew.

Have a good (and long) weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...