"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, October 2, 2011

So much for that...

I was going to write about how Peanut and I had a pretty good evening together yesterday (Logan was filming a wedding), and how this past week we've noticed much improvement in Peanut's behavior.

And then today happened.

It seriously feels like every time we think things are getting better, Peanut takes a million steps back. He's been crying for about 2 straight hours. And he's probably done everything but punch a hole in the wall in his room (well, maybe I should go check...). It really reminds me of the day I wanted to quit. But I think Logan and I are both too tired to let it get to us the way it used to. If that makes any sense.

I knew kids could be stubborn, but MAN. Peanut wins the grand prize for sure. When he doesn't want to do something (i.e. clean his room), he fights it. Like today. It is very obvious that his caregivers before us let him do whatever the heck he wanted.

People can be so ignorant. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

1 Peter 4:19 - Therefore, let those suffering in accordance with God's will entrust themselves to a faithful Creator, while continuing to do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...