"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tug o' war

I know I talked about Peanut taking a million steps back, but he really has gotten much better overall. His daycare people say he's a different kid. And I know that. Sometimes it's just easy to forget when Peanut is throwing a huge temper tantrum or tries to scratch or pinch me.

Today, we found out that Peanut could possibly be going back to his previous caregivers (not his mother...I know, it's complicated). A decision is supposed to be made this week. Logan had gotten a phone call about it, and when he told me, I wanted to cry. I know we're still not sure about the whole adoption thing, but Logan and I both agree that Peanut does not need to go back to these people. He's come too far and made too much improvement to be thrown back into that environment.

And even though Peanut drives me nuts sometimes, I would still miss him if he left.

But like Logan reminded me, God is in control. Please pray that His will be done (and that we're okay with it!).

Philippians 4:6-7 - Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...