"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Suffering is necessary

I just want to say that Logan and I have been overwhelmed by the number of people who have told us they've been praying for us to conceive and will continue to pray for us throughout the pregnancy. You all are awesome.

I've been thinking a lot lately about God's timing. Even though I've always known that God's timing is perfect, there have been times in the last 2 years where I started to doubt that. And of course, God is making it very clear that His timing is indeed perfect. I don't think it's a coincidence that we decided that Peanut should be moved and then the next day we found out I'm pregnant. I also have to point out that this summer I felt like God was telling me to hold off on the fertility thing, and I didn't understand why at the time - now I know. :)

I could list more and more reasons why God's timing is just way beyond our understanding, specifically about the last 2 years of Logan's and my life, but I think you can get the point. Logan and I were just talking a few days ago about how suffering is necessary, as much as it sucks sometimes. Because there is just so much we would not have learned had we not gone through losing our son, trying to get pregnant for longer than we hoped, and fostering a 3-year old. And we can honestly say that experiencing all of that has made us more thankful for our new life growing inside me - more thankful than we could ever put into words.

St. Gerard, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...