"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 11 - Good news, bad news

The good news: baby is doing good. I have ultrasound pictures but those will have to be posted another day.

The bad news: I'm on bed rest. I saw the high-risk OB, Dr. C, this morning and she saw on the ultrasound that my cervix is starting to open. So, for at least the next 2 weeks, I'll be laying on my back, only getting up to use the bathroom. The goal is to make it to 12 1/2 or 13 weeks so Dr. H can put in a cerclage.

Funny how life can change so quickly.

We're trying to think positive (oh, it can be so hard!). Thankfully, we found the problem early, and Dr. C thinks I'll be able to make it to get the cerclage. I don't know what will happen from there...but I'm trying not to think about that yet. One day at a time.

Of course my regular OB is out of town, which stinks, but I'm sure he'll be giving me a call once he finds out what's going on. Because he's awesome like that.

As of now, I see Dr. C in one week. Please, please, please keep us in your prayers.

Updates won't be very long since dealing with a laptop while lying flat on your back isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. Anyone want to buy me an iPad or Kindle Fire? ;)

St. Andrew, pray for us.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll finally find time to write a letter?  :-p jk jk.  Take care of yourself, woman! (I know you will!)

    So, why do you have to wait 2 weeks for the procedure?  Will you be able to resume normal activity after the procedure?  Oh and, are you able to sleep on your side or tummy - seems miserable to be in one position for two straight weeks!

    ...thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you know i've thought about it being time to finally write you back!

    they want the baby to be fully formed before doing the cerclage, which isn't until the second trimester. i'm not sure what my activity level will be after that. and you know, i've been wondering the same thing - i didn't ask if i could sleep on my side. but it's definitely on my list of questions for next week! (and yes, being in one position is totally miserable, and it's only been one day!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...