"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yay for morning sickness

One of the most frequent questions I've been getting lately is: "How have you been feeling?" Since I do have the whole nausea thing going on, with occasional throwing up (yuck!), I usually say, "Eh!" or "Not so good." And I just have to laugh because most people get really excited and say, "That's great!" Because apparently everyone thinks having morning sickness is a sign that it's a healthy pregnancy.  Regardless of whether or not it's actually true, I'm trying to be thankful that I'm feeling crappy, because it does indeed mean that I'm pregnant. That's a good thing!

I see both doctors next Wednesday, which is exciting because I get another ultrasound. But it's also not exciting because the high-risk doc will probably say it's time to start Lovenox. A lovely daily injection to add more pleasure to my day. ;)

On a completely random note - not pregnancy-related - our home development worker called me a couple days ago to give me an update on Peanut (because she's awesome like that!). He's adjusting to his new home, and although he is doing the same stuff he did with us (i.e. biting kids at daycare), Peanut is doing okay. What's really cool is that our home development worker is also the worker for Peanut's new caregivers, so she was able to fill me in on how he's doing. So hopefully that means we might get an occasional update.

"We are at Jesus' disposal. If he wants you to be sick in bed, if he wants you to proclaim His work in the street, if he wants you to clean the toilets all day, that's all right, everything is all right. We must say, 'I belong to you. You can do whatever you like.' And this ..is our strength, and this is the joy of the Lord." -Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...