"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 14

Yesterday I saw Dr. C (high-risk doctor) for the first time since the cerclage. Although my cervix is actually dilated 3mm (not cm, whew), the stitches should prevent it from opening any more. Dr. C said everything looked good, so I'm fine with that. For the next 2 weeks, I have to take progesterone pills everyday, and then I'll start taking those fun progesterone shots. I'm not sure how that's going to go along with work, since I need to go to Dr. C's office every week just to get a shot. Not the most convenient thing in the world, but I'll do what I have to.

Oh, and I actually thought to ask what the progesterone was for exactly, and it's supposed to help my cervix. Once she saw that my cervix was slightly open, Dr. C said I needed the shots. They don't work until 16 weeks or so, which is why I'm taking the pills until then. Just in case you wanted to know. ;)

I saw Dr. H afterwards, as I always do, and I'll see him again in 2 weeks after my first progesterone shot. I won't see Dr. C for another 4 weeks, even though I'll be going to her office a couple times before that. But that's totally fine by me, because it must mean things are looking good so she doesn't need to see me as often.

Now for the fun part! Ultrasound pictures. :)

The first one isn't the best shot, because the baby was laying sideways or something.
The next one makes me laugh (other than the fact that the baby looks like an alien), because the hands are behind the head while the baby was sleeping. Talk about relaxing all cool!
And this one is my favorite, because it's 4D and you can see the features more. My little baby :)
I'm thrilled that things are looking good, and I'm also thrilled that my morning sickness is FINALLY easing up. Just in time for Christmas, which is what I was hoping for!

1 comment:

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...