Now that I'm past the initial shock of the whole situation (yeah, yesterday morning was rough), I just want to share a few more details about the appointment. Dr. C also said that my placenta is over my cervix - AKA placenta previa - and that if my cervix keeps opening, I'll lose the baby. And that statement right there made me lose it because all I could think about was how we lost Levi and how I really, really don't want to go through that again.
But that's where faith comes in. God is giving Logan and myself the opportunity to cling to Him, and He's giving me all the time in the world to spend with Him. [One of the first things Logan told me when I was put on bed rest was, "You get to spend more time with Jesus. Lucky."] And I'm praying that I will be at peace with whatever happens, because ultimately God has reasons for why we're going through this.
I'm just trying to stay positive (key word is trying). Can you tell? ;)
People have been asking why we have to wait to put in the cerclage, and the reason is that the baby needs to be fully formed, which isn't until the 2nd trimester. Plus they want to make sure I don't have a natural miscarriage that can happen in the 1st trimester. It's all about the timing - you don't want to stitch up the cervix too early or too late.
Isaiah 26: 4 - Trust in the Lord forever! For the Lord is an eternal rock.