"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bed rest = insanity

It's only been one day, and I'm already losing my mind. But thankfully I have a very, very good reason for being stuck in bed all day. Dr. C even gave me a 4D ultrasound picture to look at for motivation, which is awesome, but it totally makes me cry when I look at it. I really want this baby to make it.

Now that I'm past the initial shock of the whole situation (yeah, yesterday morning was rough), I just want to share a few more details about the appointment. Dr. C also said that my placenta is over my cervix - AKA placenta previa - and that if my cervix keeps opening, I'll lose the baby. And that statement right there made me lose it because all I could think about was how we lost Levi and how I really, really don't want to go through that again.

But that's where faith comes in. God is giving Logan and myself the opportunity to cling to Him, and He's giving me all the time in the world to spend with Him. [One of the first things Logan told me when I was put on bed rest was, "You get to spend more time with Jesus. Lucky."] And I'm praying that I will be at peace with whatever happens, because ultimately God has reasons for why we're going through this.

I'm just trying to stay positive (key word is trying). Can you tell? ;)

People have been asking why we have to wait to put in the cerclage, and the reason is that the baby needs to be fully formed, which isn't until the 2nd trimester. Plus they want to make sure I don't have a natural miscarriage that can happen in the 1st trimester. It's all about the timing - you don't want to stitch up the cervix too early or too late.

Isaiah 26: 4 - Trust in the Lord forever! For the Lord is an eternal rock.

2 comments:

  1. More time with Jesus?  Wow!  What a way to look at it!  Way to go, Logan!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...