"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I have good doctors. Just saying.

So, my appointments went rather well. They always do an ultrasound when I go to Dr. C's office, since high-risk doctors keep a close eye on the cervix. My cervix actually looked a little better (or so Dr. C said, it looked the same to me), but I still need a cerclage. It's a little nerve-wracking, since she told me my cervix tries to open every time I bear down. But the good news is that things haven't gotten any worse. Praise God.

Dr. H is doing my cerclage on Monday, and he's pretty optimistic about it. I just have to say that there is a chance that it won't work, but after he explained the procedure in detail, I felt better. I honestly think the worst part about it is that I have to fast after midnight the night before. That wouldn't be so bad if the procedure was scheduled in the morning...but of course it's in the middle of the day. And heck, I'm pregnant. Plus I still have the whole nausea thing going on, and if I go too long without eating, welllll...it's not pretty. But I guess in the big scheme of things, I shouldn't complain.

As of now, it looks like I'll be off bed rest after the cerclage is done. Dr. C even thinks going back to work will be okay, as long as I take it easy and sit down a lot. Thankfully I don't have a typical nursing job that requires me to be on my feet 12 hours a day. Gotta love working in a school. :)

Oh, and the baby is doing great and was totally moving all over the place. Maybe I can get Logan to post the ultrasound pictures...

Thank you all so very much for the prayers. Please also say a prayer for 2 women I know who've lost babies in the last few days. It just breaks my heart, since I know how devastating it is to lose a baby. And it's also pretty scary since both of these women had due dates in June like me.

Isaiah 55:8-9- For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor or your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. baaaaaby! yay :) I"ll be praying! SOOOO excited though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news. 

    I have to say, while I hate the circumstances, I LOVE your daily updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen
    Found your blog through Patrick's (the seminarian) blog...
    Jess and I were friends when she was in laffy :)
    Just wanted to say my prayers are with you and that we are also expecting...due in mid-July.
    God's peace be in your heart!
    Hoping that your cervix cooperates for this sweet baby.

    St. Gerard Majella, pray for us!

    Suzette

    Find me at http://cajunnewlyweds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, it's good to hear from you! Thanks for the prayers, and we'll be sure to pray for your family as well. Congrats :) Sent from my Kindle Fire

    _____________________________________________

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...