"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, December 2, 2011

It's a good thing this dog is cute

I think God wants me to work on the whole humility thing. Because I'm having to rely on other people to do pretty much everything. I'm very fortunate, though, to be surrounded with many wonderful people who are willing to bring me food and pray for our baby. Thank you, Jesus.

We've been leaving Marley in her kennel whenever I'm home by myself since I can't chase her around or let her outside. And I seriously think that it's one of the worst things about being on bed rest- I have to listen to her whimper all day because she knows I'm home. Poor puppy.

Due to Marley's frequent "imprisonment", I let her lay down with me while Logan ran a couple of errands. Everything was going really well, since she fell asleep. Then she randomly woke up and started heaving, which happens when she's about to throw up. I didn't know what to do, since I can't do any heavy lifting and wasn't about to push my 25-pound dog to the floor. I managed to put a blanket under her mouth as she threw up, but somehow I still ended up with dog puke on my hand, arm, and pillow.

Not exactly the best scenario for someone who isn't supposed to be moving. And can you believe Marley just curled up and fell back asleep on the puke-covered blanket? So I got to lay there for 20 more minutes until Logan got home to rescue me.

Did I mention that I think God is teaching me humility?

Well, the good news is that Logan came home with my early Christmas present...a Kindle Fire! It's so, so cool. And I'm actually using it now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...