"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, December 16, 2011

Waiting with God

My follow-up with Dr. H was scheduled for this afternoon, and I was planning to go back to work on Monday. Well. My doctor is out sick today, so I had to reschedule my appointment for Monday.

I know there are worse things in life, but man...I'm pretty bummed. Not only am I anxious to see if everything is okay (you get addicted to hearing a baby's heartbeat, not going to lie), I am also so ready to get out of this house. And I was looking forward to going back to work since next week is a short week because of Christmas.

I'm trying to enjoy this time, because I'm pretty sure it's going to be the most peaceful time in my life for quite awhile, but some days it's hard. I can't clean, exercise, or do much of anything (doctor's orders), so laying down all day makes me feel pretty unproductive.

It's going to be so worth it in the end, I know. And I've been trying to remind myself of something I read a couple of days ago...that we need to wait with God and not wait for God. There's a big difference...

2 Samuel 22:31- God’s way is unerring; the LORD’s promise is tried and true; he is a shield for all who trust in him.

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection!
    Maybe Mary is letting you have a peek into what the first Advent was like?
    Prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...