"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, December 9, 2011

Yes, I'm nervous

65 hours until my cerclage. Yes, my husband is special since he put yet another countdown on his phone. I do love him though. :)

I know I'm a nurse and everything, but thinking about the cerclage is starting to make me nervous. There's only two times (that I remember) where I was actually a patient in the hospital, and not a nurse or visitor. First time it was a quick ER trip for stitches (on Christmas day, I might add), and of course the other time was when we lost Levi. On Monday I'll be on the same unit as we were almost 2 years ago, since the procedure is done in Labor & Delivery. Maybe that's a good thing, so we can get all our negative feelings about the place out of the way. I don't know.

Dr. H said I'll be getting spinal anesthesia for the cerclage, which I'm not all excited about. But I suppose that's a small price to pay for a potentially life-saving procedure for my baby. It always goes back to that...that anything I have to go through is worth it for this little life inside me. Totally puts things into perspective.

1 Peter 3:17- For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that be the will of God, than for doing evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...