"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting closer

Next month I'll reach the 22-week mark, which was when we lost Levi last time. When I was in my 1st trimester, I didn't really think about it too much, probably because I was more concerned with having a miscarriage. But now that I'm in the 2nd trimester and we're getting close to where we were last pregnancy (this week makes 17 weeks), I've been thinking about it more and more. I know that the cerclage increases my chances of having a successful pregnancy this time, but I'd be lying if I said I still wasn't worried about things going wrong. It must be the melancholic nature of mine - just waiting for the bad news. Terrible, I know.

Logan and I started cleaning out the baby room, since we really haven't done anything with it since Peanut left (Speaking of Peanut, I've been meaning to post an update about both him and Bamm Bamm, but I keep forgetting. One day I'll remember.). After getting used to using the "baby room" for foster kids and our nephew, it's weird to think we're now getting it ready for our own child. Exciting too, though. :) There was honestly a time where I wondered if that would ever happen.

It was worth the wait, though. No doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...