"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Here's to 4-1/2 months of paranoia

I spoke too soon about not having any excitement around here. Yesterday, all morning I was feeling pressure down there (if you know what I mean), and although I have felt all kinds of things over the past few months, this time it was different. I didn't know if I was just being paranoid, since I have been feeling Landon move more lately so I know he's heavier. Considering my history, though, I decided to err on the side of caution. So I called Dr. H's office, and the nurse called me back saying he wanted me to come in. So I left work early.

During the examination, Dr. H felt a couple contractions, and he pointed out how my uterus was a little tight. He sent me to the high-risk office for an ultrasound, and he even met me there to make sure everything was okay (I told you he was awesome). Dr. C wasn't there, unfortunately, so I saw the other doctor, but the ultrasound showed that my cervix was fine and Landon was fine. They did give me one of those fun progesterone shots, and assuming Dr. C doesn't throw a fit when she finds out (the nurse warned me), it looks like I'll be getting those weekly again.

Dr. H told me to take ibuprofen to knock out the contractions, which I had never heard of before, but sure enough, it worked. He thinks the pressure I was feeling had something to do with the contractions. But considering Landon was moving a lot, his heart rate was fine, and my cervix had not changed, Dr. H said I could return to work today. He also said to "hydrate like crazy."

All things considering, it's not too bad to think I made it this far in the pregnancy without having a little scare. I just hope we don't have too many more, because my nerves really cannot handle it.

Romans 15:13 - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, so sorry that you had a scare, but I am so so glad that all is well!  I guess Landon is just super excited about meeting his mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...